Paz do Pai Lodge is situated approximately 475km north of Maputo, on the east coast of Mozambique. GPS: Lat: S 24 2’ 54” Long: E 35 29’ 33”
The lodge is an all-weather resort, marine-life conscious, environmentally friendly and it caters for all ages – it is every family’s dream vacation, with Inhambane International airport just 28km’s away. A shuttle service can be arranged with Paz do Pai management (at an additional cost). 4 X 4 driving is recommended to enjoy your Mozambique experience in full.
Luxury is certainly present in every aspect of your Paz do Pai Lodge experience. The self-catering villas vary in size, but they all have breath-taking sea views and easy access to the beach. Your butler will take care of your security during the day, service the villa, washing, attend the swimming pool, garden, etc.
Paz do Pai Lodge is only 2,5km walking distance to the dive centres, restaurant/bars, curio shops, well-stocked supermarket etc.
Don’t miss out on the whale season, between June and October. A spectacular view from the privacy of your veranda, while enjoying your 2M…best beer ever!
If you don’t feel like driving to Mozambique, a “Drive2Moz” shuttle service is available. Ask management for information.
At Paz do Pai we believe in respect to all, therefore all the villas are a non-smoking zone. This is also expressed by creating jobs and various initiatives to uplift and empower members of the Massavana community in which we are situated. We’ve built a community centre which works closely with the local schools, clinic, chiefs, government institutions and various organisations to support the community to become skills-based through education. The community centre is situated on the main road towards Paz do Pai Lodge and we would like to involve holiday makers, away from the pleasures of the resort, to immerse themselves in the local culture by visiting our community centre.
Experience the process of manufacturing coconut oil…all organic! This is how “Coco do Pai” was born. You can buy our lovely product at reception.
Things to do at Paz do Pai Lodge and surrounding areas
- Scuba diving: PADI 5* resort that offers dive courses from beginners to instructor, over 30 dive sites, HAS(Handicap Scuba Association, IANTD, Nitrox, Freediving etc
- Ocean safari’s: whale and dolphin watching
- Snorkelling: amazing reef in front of Paz do Pai Lodge
- Charter fishing: arrange with management
- Kayaking: arrange with management
- Rock and surf fishing: great fishing spot in front of Paz do Pai Lodge
- Bird watching: arrange with management
- Hiking: outing for the day, arrange with management
- Beach walks
- Cultural tour: visit Massavana community centre and surrounding area
- Shopping: local market and supermarket, Inhambane market, city centre
- Swimming: safe swimming beach in front of Paz do Pai Lodge or your private swimming pool
- Relaxing: just enjoy the tranquillity of Paz do Pai Lodge
- Dining: restaurant/bars in the area
- Dhow (local boat with a sail) day trips: From Inhambane harbour to Maxixe
- Pansy Island day trip: Dhow from Inhambane harbour or boat from Barra
- Tofo day trip: buy curious, visit restaurants, swimming etc
- Bara day trip: buy curious, visit restaurants, swimming etc
- Coconut Bay day trip: picnic on the beach, swimming etc
- Paindane day trip: picnic on the beach, swimming, snorkelling etc
- Lighthouse reef day trip: picnic on the beach, swimming, snorkelling etc
- Inhambane: this is our nearest town from Paz do Pai (20 km’s). You can stock-up at the market eg – fresh vegetables, fruit, fish, calamari, prawns, crayfish etc
- Local museum: for the history lovers
- Arts and crafts